Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Roasted Cauliflower

So I had a whole head of cauliflower that I needed to use. The hubs and I adore it in all its forms but I was looking for a different use. We have done the mashed cauliflower, steamed, sauteed with all sorts of Indian spices (my husbands favorite he adores Indian Food); but I wasn't in the mood for those. Last night we tried roasted. What I did was cut the cauliflower up into florets and line a baking sheet, then I juiced a lemon on top, drizzled olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper and put it in the oven at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes. When it was tender to the touch I topped it with mozzarella and parmesan. If I were to do it again I would probably omit the mozzarella and increse the parmesan to about 1/4 cup. I would also only use about a half of lemon as the dish had a very strong lemony flavor.
It probably would be an easy thing to spice up however you like.

No comments: