Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Prudent Lady of the House

I'm starting on a new journey. I've quit my job and very shortly I will be the Lady of the House, some would argue that I am now but honestly I think that job takes more time than I can currently give it. Right now I try to do this job in my limited time. It feels like there is never enough time to live that we're either working, cleaning or cooking non stop and we don't have time to enjoy each other. I have felt a stirring to make more of our life together, to create a home for our family that is based in love and a household that is filled with peace. Its funny to me that generally when people want more out of life they generally start filling it up, I think in order to do this we need to simplify it. I want to make with my hands the things that we use day to day, to give away the things we don't need, to make time to do things for others and, as cheesy as it sounds, to have a hot dinner on the table when my husband gets home.

In order to accomplish these goals we need to go down to one income. As you know in this day in age is not a small feat. It requires a great amount of faith and determination on our parts. Luke 12 has been a great inspiration and encouragement to us in this:
22Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. 23Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. 24Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! 25Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? 26Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?

27"Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 28If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith! 29And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. 30For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. 31But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.

32"Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. 33Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. 34For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

This blog will be a catalog of my journey to be the Prudent Lady of the House. Prudence is defined as wise, sensible in action and thought. I will be writing about recipes, ideas, simple living and just my general thoughts as we go through this major life change and realize some of our dreams.







1 comment:

Kefir said...

For 19.99 We offer ;

*one large culture
*starter tea
*illustrated instructions
*online support
*and free shipping
This is a LIVING food and has not been pasteurized, carbonated, diluted or bottled and refrigerated.

we have over 20 + years experience

Dont buy from just anyone !!!! \
it can be dangerous to your health
we are a trusted site with experience to back it
http://www.royalkombucha.com